Sunday, August 1, 2010

Trail #1, Battell Darby Creek Metro Park



So the journey has taken its first step, both literally and electronically. Why the feet picture? Well Cyndi has been taking them since before we met, and when I came along it seemed only natural to join in the fun. It now seems to have become a trademark shot for us. We have foot pictures from just about every vacation, day trip, family reunion.... Sometimes there are friends feet in as well.

When this relationship started out we did quite a bit of hiking in the metro parks and early one saw our first double rainbow together. Then things got busy, there where new jobs, new schools, new activities.... And it always seems that the things you like to do get put off and then pushed to the side.

We were both so excited to be in Paris where everything was new and exciting. But we always came back to the question "what would people want to see and do in Columbus?" The grass is always greener so we are now looking at Columbus with new eyes. So we can't get to Paris this year, but no matter there are new things to explore in our back yard... ~Scott

I'm astounded by what is old and familiar rather than new and exciting. I spent my childhood and teenage years roaming hills in Wellsburg, WV. Walking the trails is helping me rediscover the meaning those days had for me. I walked alone then. It's good to have someone to walk beside me now...even when we are quiet. ~Cyndi

No comments:

Post a Comment